These data can be used for lesson plans by teachers and parents as supplements for traditional classes, as well as for special school projects, after-school enrichment activities, homeschool, and special science camps.
A sample graph from The Science of Snow Sports: Volume 3 is shown below:
- How far does the sled travel in the vertical plane?
- How far does the sled travel in the horizontal plane?
- What occurs between 9 and 10 seconds?
- Describe the forces on the sled.
- What is the maximum force on the sled? The minimum force?
- Calculate the final velocity of the sled.
- Describe the motion of the sled, using a full paragraph.
Additional graphs similar to those above can be found in the following science lab manuals from Schottenbauer Publishing:
- The Science of Snow Sports
- Volume 1: Force, Acceleration, & Video Analysis (Outdoor Snow & Lab)
- Volume 2: Force & Video Analysis (Plastic Models)
- Volume 3: Force & Acceleration (Ice-Topped Snow)
- The Science of Winter Olympic Sports